Monday, October 27, 2008

After surgery and recovery!

Well its been a hard couple weeks, Peyton has been in a lot of pain and has been a very hunger little boy. Im sorry it has taken so long to post a update, but things has been really tough. Its seems that all I got done was to feed Peyton about 8 hours a day. It took him so long to eat from the syringe and what he was eating through it just didn't last in his tummy! It was so hard to see him cry for food. Mark and I would not eat or cook in front of him at all so we too got really hungry.
Peyton went back for his 1 week checkup on Thru. and we didn't get very good news! He still has a hole in his soft palate which means more surgery again. He now has food and liquids coming from his nose due to where the hole is located. He will need to have a retainer made to cover the hole until he can have his other surgery later on.
I was very upset with this news, because Peyton really had a hard time with this surgery. I think we need to give him a little break and not have it done right away. He has been through so much in the last 2 months that his little body needs a break.
The Dr. said in all the years that he has been doing cleft palate surgeries he has had only 10 kids that this has happen too. He said that out of the 10 kids he had 1 child that the hole completely closed on its own. We are asking everyone we see to pray that this will happen for Peyton.
We go back to the Dr. on Nov.4th to see if this miracle could happen for Peyton. Please keep him in your prayers!

2 comments:

Nancy Ann said...

Hi Peggy!
I hope things are going well for you all. I check back here to see if you have any updates posted on sweet Payton - I hope he's doing well now. :-) Adelie is growing and is finally talking a little big more. I do update her blog every month or so:
http://china.UsborneFairies.com
I'm on Facebook too - are you on there? Are you staying home with him or are you working? I'd love to hear from you. :-)
Nancy Ann
NAWartman@aol.com is my email

Chasity said...

Hi Peggy,
I think about your family often and am praying everything is going well for all of you. I was hoping to see updates of Payton, he's such a little doll. Please email me sometime at phiferskarate@cs.com.

Many Blessings,
Chasity Phifer
JTM mommy to Jiesue